- 7 m
- 2 m
- 3 m
- Year built:
- Tare weight:
- 3500 kg
- Max. weight motorhome:
- 5500 kg
- Included travel distance/week:
- 500 mi
- Diesel - Manual
- Manual transmission
- Driver licence:
- Seats while driving:
Cosy, clean, comfortable, spacious. Loved by us for exploring stunning Scotland.
We LOVE kitesurfing, kite buggying, foiling, mountain biking, skateboarding, paragliding and stand up paddle board adventures. This is our home away from home.... Wonderful for off-grid "van-life" living
Our mission is to help you have an affordable and fun adventure and share our sweet spots/toys so you get to the best holiday ever to make amazing memories. Do and see things that many never get to do. Your valuable contribution keeps the dream going. We feel blessed/inspired when we hear about our clients amazing adventures and the photos they share. Check out our reviews.
If you are looking for a pristine, new motorhome this van is not for you. This is my well used/loved 2006 motorhome that is fully serviced/maintained. We are not so precious we forgive small dings and things all make up its character. I hate muppets that mess with deposits. You will find us very fair.
Van comes fully equipped with; Crockery, cooking, BBQ, linen and small welcome pack etc. Add on extra toys, Stand Up Paddle Boards, MTBs, tents, etc after booking, as needed.
The van comes complete with solar a panel, leisure battery and a portable inverter meaning that when the sun shines you can power laptops and devices off-grid. I spend many days at Troon beach mixing up my office day with work and Zoom style calls with some kite sessions on the water + endless cups of tea made on the stove and a gas powered hot shower when needed. :-)
(Note: If there are 5 of you the solar and leisure batteries can drain quickly, especially when its grey.)
1. Rear end bed/lounger with views: - Fixed double with memory foam mattress to act as day bed/lounger with 3 surround windows
2. Center dinette - slides out to a double - (this does block the gangway)
3. Above cab - Small double, accessed via ladder
If you are a party of 6 - Please do think about confined spaces :-) We have an amazing complete black out inflatable 4 man tent for hire at just £10 per night. Pops up/down in a couple of minutes and gives you a huge covered space.
The bike rack carries 4 bikes - We are a family of 5 and the 5th bike gets tossed on top and tied down. Ties from the roof rack add extra support needed take the weight.
We have high quality bikes for hire at £8 per night.
We also include 2 x free surf boogie boards if a beach trip is planned - please let us know so we can include them otherwise we leave them off to save space.
You can also rent our 2 inflatable Stand Up Paddle boards to explore the amazing Lochs and coast. This is an absolute riot on many levels.... Check out the photos and reviews. They look like canoes but you stand on them - Kids love using these for wars to bump each other off and diving platforms :-)
Its also a lovely, gentle way to work out. Nothing beats the karma experienced from a sunrise, sunny or sunset paddle on low wind days. Clients have said that they see a perspective never imagined and accessed some remote spots.
Within the van you will find an off the ground, covered fire pit/BBQ, with Bear Grylls hand fire starting kit. See photos.
We have 3 boys. The excitement of finding gathering/cutting wood from the beach, building and hand starting a fire, teaching them safety, managing it and toasting marsh mellows - can not be beaten. We include 2 marshmallow packs + toasting forks to get you started - Do bring more mallows, they soon go :-)
Sometimes dry wood is not easy to find, so if desired, we can include 22 litre box of dry wood and fire starters ready for use. Cost is £15 a box.
Do check if fires are allowed before lighting. Many sites are fine/some not. Ours is off the ground/ covered, BBQ style fire pit with grill so you can often get away with it for cooking supper. :-)
If you don't want the fire pit or wood just let us know.
Fire pit nights, under the stars, with some beer/wine, looking for Starlink satellites, finding constellations with a clever star gazer app rates as one of the best things I have ever done as a Dad.
I feel super blessed. The van facilitates so much joy. Family rounders, frisbee, fire pits, SUP and football, MTB rides out - Sometimes roping in other families to join the fun makes for a mega social night round a small camp fire.
One thing that larger families/groups might consider is taking your car + bikes or hiring our MTBs. This provides easy mobility when you get to locations and allows you to make camp less often or pack down for quick trips out.... Our kids are a bit older now and last year we tried this and discovered it worked incredibly well. We got to see a lot more than we normally would and exploring was far easier, especially getting around small tight coastal villages.
To aid planning especially wild camping (boondocking) check out the Park4Night and iOverlander app and Forestry Scotland website.
For MTB trials search 7Stanes and West Highland Way (also brilliant for hikes.)
Mountains search out the Monroes
Once you book contact details are shared. I like to run a WhatsApp or Messenger call to show you around, warts and all. It also gives me a chance to answer any questions and help you with planning so that your holiday and any worries are completely managed. If after the call you change your mind. No issues. You can cancel without penalty.
- As standard the van is serviced every 6 months (All fluids and safety check)
- New Michelin camper van tyres all round
- New battery Mar 2021 - New Water pump May 2021 - New Clutch Jul 2021 - We don't scrimp we just get it done and proactively replace things before they hopefully become an issue. Your contributions fund this work.
- Help with planning guidance - Tell us what you want from your holiday and we will propose ideas.
- We offer a pickup service or drop off and parking
- For newbies - a 4 hour intro to motor-homing and wild camping service where we drive with you
and get you all set up for the 1st night at your first location and run through everything on site.
- Mountain bike and Standup Paddle Board hire complete with GoPro action camera for memories
- Delivery and setup service - Tell us where you want it taken to and we will get you all set and meet you there.
OPTIONAL RENTAL GEAR & SERVICES - Please book with me later.
- Surf and Standup Paddle Board hire - £8 per night - we have 2 SUPS and 1 foamy Surf Board
- Quality Mountain bikes - £8 per night - we have 5
- 4 Man inflatable tent and lounge area - perfect to leave all the gear/bikes etc and add additional sleeping space if needed. Cost per night is £10 and includes 1 double air bed and 2 sleeping bags.
- Kitesurf / buggy hire - to qualified riders - £15 per kite per night - We have a 9m HyperLink and 12m Enduro - We also have Foil SUPs and wings - We can discuss pricing on these as cost new is £4,500
- Boogie boards x 2, frisbee and beach toys, ball included free :-)
- Drop off delivery service to any location 0.30p per mile plus £15 per hour
- Airport or local pickup/parking - Free
- Motorhome and wild camping training for newbies - taking you to your 1st nights spot - Often Loch Lomond £100 and leaving you all setup. This is perfect for people thinking about buying a motorhome or who are nervous about driving larger vehicles. We hand hold you and build confidence.
Whoever you go with..... HAVE A FAB adventure! :-) Thanks for reading this far :-)
- Kitchen unit
- Hot water
- Suitable for tall people
- Side facing seats
- Dining area
- 6 Berths (XL transverse bed, Drop-down bed, Alcove bed)
Our only request is that you return the van in a clean condition to save us charging for cleaning. The van has lots of materials.
You will notice that the van is stocked with essentials. Clients love this feel free to leave a little more than you started with and share the love with the next guest.
Alternative transport, Accomodation costs in case of repairs, Transport costs to garage and transport costs to alternative accommodation and Breakdown service
The deposit for this camping vehicle is £1,000. The deposit will be returned to you after the rental period.
The motorhome was very clean and tidy when we picked it up. It's exactly as it's stated on the Camptoo website.
We did the NC500 this year and had an absolute blast - basically we would recommend doing this to anyone. It was so easy just to park up, take pictures and chill for a while.
Easy to say we would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone for their future adventures! :)
Right from the start you've always been very communicable in all our dealings. Very helpful and accommodating.
Every thing you said in your communication about the van was accurate , and we enjoyed the freedom the "much loved" condition offered us, we felt at home very quickly, definitely inspired to explore the possibility of having our own.
Didn't use the heating, but the fridge worked well, as did the three burners and grill on the cooker.
Personally I found the amount of information at the handover, a little overwhelming, which then led to wanting a little more in the instruction folder, but hey, managed to work everything out.
Bed at back, where we slept, was very comfy, and children said the bed over the cab was also comfy.
Didn't use the shower, so nothing to say there.
All in all, we had a fabulous time, and would recommend hiring your motorhome to any of our friends.
Thank you Mark for facilitating our family holiday, loved the van, LOVED Scotland.